Statewide Comprehensive Intimate Partner Training for Advocates and Professionals
This 5-Day Comprehensive Training was developed to provide professionals with in-depth information about working in the field of domestic violence. The training emphasizes victim safety, victim empowerment, abuser accountability, and a comprehensive systems response to domestic violence. Partnering with local domestic violence programs and utilizing local programs and resources is emphasized and local experts are often called upon to present throughout the training. This training was developed for professionals from a variety of different fields who encounter domestic violence in their work.
Types of professionals who have benefited from the training include:
- Domestic violence program staff
- Sexual assault program staff
- Crime victim advocates
- Legal advocates
- Court staff
- Social workers
- Health care professionals
- Social services staff
- Faith leaders
- Law enforcement staff
Topics covered in the training include:
- Domestic Violence Dynamics and Empowerment Advocacy
- Victim-Centered Safety Planning
- Effects of Trauma and Trauma-Informed Services
- Legal Advocacy and Legal Options
- Child Witnessing and Teen Dating Abuse
- Elder Abuse and Abuse of People who have Disabilities
- Minority Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities
- Immigration Status, Language, Religion, Ethnicity, and Cultural Aspects
- Vicarious Trauma and Burnout
- National and State Resources
The Statewide Comprehensive Domestic Violence Training is offered three times a year at select regions of Maryland in partnership with the local domestic violence program and its community partners. Each attendant receives a binder of resources and information, a certificate of attendance, and they can receive Social Work Continuing Education Credits. The Statewide Comprehensive Domestic Violence Training can be adapted for specific audiences and held at your location for a fee. Look under the Events tab for additional information.
MNADV will provide our 5-Day Statewide Comprehensive Intimate Partner Training in three locations in 2018.
Round 1: Prince George’s County
March 7, March 21, April 4, April 18, May 2.
Registration is full, but a wait list is available. Sign up for the waitlist here.
Round 2: Eastern Shore
Dates and locations are still being finalized, but will likely be in late spring.
Round 3: Western Maryland
Dates and locations are still being finalized, but will likely be in summer.
Training Alert Email List
MNADV hosts more than 40 open trainings per year in Maryland. Sign up to be notified when we’re hosting a free training in your area!